Friday 21 November 2008

Trying food(s) in the war zone

I have always tried new foods when I'm at home alone. I have re-tried things away from home only on a few occasions but that was when I knew what my limits where (when I was likely to gag or not) and with trusting company (not just any friend). I think I need to examine my trying method(s) or develop a new one so I can at least try something new outside of my comfort zone.

I think I've become so accustomed to not trying/having things in public that I don't think about it, even things I know I can eat. This evening while out I had a try of lettuce, which I knew I could eat, and it was fine, although it did have a bit of something else on it, I had no problems eating it. I'm hoping to be able to try something again soon, it's just always easier to plan/aim than do, and it's only through doing than anything is achieved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great idea. How about if a fellow "picky eater" came with you and also tried something new?

Dan said...

I don't know, for me, it depends on who the person is. The only proper meal that I've tried publically so far was with a non picky eater and I was quite relaxed but it was down to them. I also tried some lettuce, which I know I can eat but have not tried outside the safety of home, and that was fine.