Wednesday 26 November 2008

Levelling out the roller coaster

Day two of my second week of the subway challenge. I was feeling very motivated last night to try again tonight, but during the day my motivation dissipated. By the end of the working day I just felt like going home. Fortunately I've been trying to train myself to push pass this, this training has only been going for a week but thankfully it worked.

So with the first hurdle passed, I thought, it was going to be plain sailing. I arrived at subway where there was a short cue, I noticed they had run out of all but one type of bread. I thought about trying the whole wheat one, but thought better of it. I need to keep things simple to keep things moving. Not a good start, I thought I may catch a bus and go find another branch.

I had to stop by Tesco to pick up some items for a friend and while I was in there I optimistically/determinedly looked around for some "proper" food/meal to try. The first thing I saw was a ploughman's sandwich, I looked at the back and the only thing I hadn't tried before was pickle so I decided to buy it.

I got home and got ready to try, had my orange juice ready like I did yesterday as a taste/texture blogger. My first few bites were fine, all similar to what I had before but I was not sure as to what to expect from the pickle. I certainly would say it didn't look appetising but I ventured on anyway, and it turned out to be alright. I wouldn't say I immediately liked it but I didn't dislike it either. I managed to eat just under half the sandwich, I stopped as the bread was starting to make me feel like gagging. Overall I would it went very well. It's certainly great to try something shop bought that was eatable without too much trouble.

So who knows what tomorrow will bring... I look forward to it now!

No comments: