Saturday 22 November 2008

The rollercoaster ride of trying

It can be very frustrating dealing with the changes in level/desire/ability to try new foods or even retrying previously tried foods. As I said yesterday, I really want to be able to start trying things away from my "safe" home environment. By safe, I mean in privacy where I can throw up and/or not try as I wish.

I have had some successful tries, as previously mentioned, but the main one was a risk and thankfully it went ok. Today I took a go-ahead (cereal bar/yogurt bar with oats) with me as a snack/something to try. I have tried it a few times before but only using distraction. So while on a bus, feeling hungry, I decided to have a go at eating it. The first bite was already and what I had known from the last try, but for some reason the oat flavour/texture was just too much and I had a mini gag reaction. Thankfully I didn't gag and was able to swallow what was in my mouth but it made me stop trying anymore. I don't know, I've had "3" tries outside now, the first was the biggest with pasta, the second easy with a little lettuce (plus unknown stuff) and the last should have been easy. Maybe oats is just going to take me a long time to get used to!?

No comments: