Saturday 16 June 2007

Treatments

I have only heard of or encountered a few treatments for my eating condition. The problem is sometimes finding information, many people don't mention eating conditions/problems beyond bulimia and anorexia (which are both very serious and more widespread). Personally I've tried hypnotherapy and have been in hospital for observation but neither have had any major breakthrough. My own personal way for trying new things was discovered by accident, however I'm now trying to apply it in a different way. This method involves distraction, i.e. focusing 100% on something other than eating like watching TV or playing a video game as both can take all concentration.

The problem with the distraction method is if you lose concentration, I've had some of my worst vomiting/throwing up experiences whilst using this technique. The main goal is just to get my body used to the taste and the texture and sort of acclimatise. In the end it has taken many, many, many attempts before something becomes remotely comfortable in my mouth.

No comments: