Thursday 14 June 2007

Eating problems and social life

Hearing and seeing other people with similar problems has been both comforting and not. I’m amazed at how well they have coped and not let it affect their social life. I know I am probably on the far end of the scale in terms of social skills but it still amazes me. I have always hoped, since I was young, that I would be eating by a certain point, a point that has kept moving, and would then be able to improve/develop my social skills. I am alright in small groups but in groups when I do not know people well I tend to be very quiet but am the complete opposite in groups I know or in one on one situations.

The main examples I am talking about is from the BBC's Freaky Eaters program. I think for them they've just not let it get to them in the same way, I suppose they have accepted their problems a bit better. I am not sure if accepted is the best word as they still want to sort their problems out but an important thing is not letting it stop your left too much, where possible.

No comments: