Wednesday 21 January 2009

Talking about eating problems

I've found from my personal and other people's experiences that talking openly about your eating problems can be very difficult. Even if you know the person you may feel embarrassed or they may not really be suitably able to deal with the discussion. Talking about issues may not always solve them but can be part of the solution. As previously mentioned, I saw a psychiatrist for many years and although ultimately it did not help directly it did help having a sounding and venting board.

It was only years later, after I had stopped seeing the psychiatrist, that I really begun to appreciate their help in just as separate person to openly talk about anything without the fear of being judged or criticised. I was reminded of this feeling to an extent from the meet up, although not quite the same it did draw many similarities. So I highly recommend finding and talking to someone, be it a friend, colleague or a doctor.

No comments: