Monday 12 January 2009

Try, try, try and try again: Sandwich success

I started trying a sandwich, from Tesco, off and on a while ago, it's called a ploughman (not sure why) but has cheese (tried ok before), lettuce (tried ok before), tomato (tried before not bad not good), onion (tried with other things but unknown) and pickle (never tried, and it looks horrible). The first time I tried it I had to use a lot of orange juice to hide/cover the taste and texture and help it down, actually the first half a dozen tries (a try being a new attempt, each eating a bit more).

My first goal was to just try eat it and not have a gagging sensation, fortunately I did only have one or two minor issues but that was in part thanks to the orange juice helping. Once I got over that I aimed to finish just half the sandwich, it too many times but I worked my way up and now can eat 90% of it. The only problem I have now is the size of it, my body/stomach is not used to the volume but within the week I expect I will be able to finish a complete one.

As I've seen before with the number of tries I've gone from forcing the sandwich down to now actually enjoying it!

No comments: