Thursday 21 February 2008

Relationships and SED

Relationships for many people with SED can be really difficult and challenging, be it with family, friends or others (girl/boyfriends, spouses/etc).

My family have been good in trying to help my eating problem, but for the most part they don't know what to do/how to handle it, something I can't blame them as its never easy. I've only ever told a few friends, I've always tended to keep it a secret to avoid being embarrestment and questions. I've avoided girls even more, especially around food as I'm natually shy and rejection is bad enough without the food problem. I'm starting to make an effort to tell people and not let it get in the way, but it's a lot more difficult than it sounds.

I've recently been reading on http://www.fussy-eaters.com/ (and seen on Freaky Eaters) people who don't hide their problem and have a lot more "normal" social lives. I wish its something I could be more open with, and I'm trying to, but its always difficult to raise the issue in the best possible way.

No comments: